Friday, January 16, 2009

Windows 7 Beta - A threat to Linux in consumer desktop market ??


I have installed windows 7 beta (Build 7000) on my Dell Vostro 1400 laptop. There were some minor issue with the task bar flashing occasionally, besides that it's pretty neat, simple, rich user interface and more secure OS ever released by Microsoft. The installation is very abstract. For a advanced user, it would be frustrating to hide all the information. Wireless drivers are fantastic and the user interface is pleasing to eyes. After installing Windows 7, I installed Ubuntu 8.10. After very long time, it's nice to have dual OS on my laptop. I really hope, all the linux distros especially Ubuntu should grow with the release of Windows 7. Hopefully Windows 7 should not be death of all Linux distros in the consumer market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Windows 7. Hmm. Am I not correct in saying that Windows 7's underlying OS is Vista? If so I am not sharing your "joy". :>)