Friday, January 09, 2009

Dropbox - Ultimate Synchronization solution among multiple computers


I accidentally stumble on "Dropbox" when I was looking for "Tech Crunchies 2008 award nomination" and I immediately tried this product, because I have been looking for a Sync-up solution like this to sync-up multiple computers with different operating system(Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X). I have a 2 laptop which runs Ubuntu and Windows XP and I have a desktop which also runs Windows XP and I can easily move around the file just by dropping my file at "Open box" folder and the magic starts then....it's available in all three computers instantaneously. It works seamlessly(I really mean it...) and they also have a web interface and also Public folder option where you can share the file with anyone. For more information Check out the video tutorial on their site .

On buying this product, there are two options, the basic option is free and they provide 2 GB space and to get 50GB space, it costs $99 / year.


This product is running on Amazon Storage services...Cloud computing is way to go...

No comments: